Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday Morning Fun

What do you do with your kids on a Saturday morning?

Amanda still needs help getting dressed in the mornings and since we’re having winter below the equator, I need to make sure she’s dressed warmly. It was dark outside and everyone was still in bed when Amanda got me up this morning. Normally, after taking her to the toilet and dressing her, I’d put on the TV and leave her watching children’s programs, but not this morning. She saw her Disney princess magnetic dress-up dolls at the coffee table and asked me to take turns with her dressing Cinderella. How could I say no? We played with that until Samantha came through. Samantha was happy to join Amanda and I took the opportunity to go and do something else.
Disney Princess Magnetic Wooden Dress-Up Doll Set
A little bit later, Amanda found me at my computer. When I saw her standing next to me, I remembered the e-book I had downloaded onto my PC yesterday called Amanda Finds Her Manners by Cindy Adkins. Amanda Finds Her Manners is about a lively girl who attends a fancy tea party and tries desperately to remember her manners. But, the harder she tries, the more she makes mistakes! This book is already a Bestseller! It's an e-book for ages 4-8 on Amazon. Sorry, but there are no illustrations, except for its sweet cover.
E-book on Amazon
Amanda hadn’t heard the story yet, so I put her on my lap and double clicked on my free Kindle app. When it downloaded to my computer, it came with three free classic books: Aesop’s Fables, Pride and Prejudice, and Treasure Island.

Amanda was very excited to hear her name in the story. At first she wondered if it was about her, but I explained that the girl had the same name. To make the story more fun for a 4-year-old, I got her to act out some of the things like to wiggle her nose when the bunny wiggled its nose. She stayed on my lap for the whole story and happily bounded off to a new activity once it was finished.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family and don’t forget to read to your kids!

Related posts:

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena