Sunday, November 25, 2012

Inspirational Quotes on Food

I thought you might like to see how my family celebrated Thanksgiving Dinner in South Africa. I'm including the links to the recipes that we used, but we didn't follow the recipes exactly. I also have three images below of holiday meals from previous years that we had at other relatives' homes. I've added quotes from the Bible to go with them. I would be thrilled for you to pin any of my images to your Pinterest boards. I have a "Pin it" button on my right-hand sidebar to make it easier for you.


I have one daughter that hates nuts (even peanut butter) and not everyone
is crazy about cranberries, so I placed mixed seeds and cranberries on the
table as options for people to sprinkle over their stuffing/dressing. I used
the stuffing recipe from Martha Stewart and mostly added ingredients that
we already had in the fridge.



We roasted the turkey according to instructions. Believe it or not, it came
all the way from Brazil to South Africa. We do have turkeys in this country.
I'm including a photo that I took earlier this year to show you.





Another side dish that Hubby and I made was
I don't particularly like goat's cheese,
so I used mozzarella instead.



Samantha helped her dad make our dessert. We had a lot of
fresh apricots and nectarines that needed to get used up,







I'm linking up with these Monday blog hops:


Mommy Moments Blog Hop

Covered in Grace


© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena