Saturday, March 16, 2013

After School Lunch Idea


Hi Guys! This after school lunch idea was inspired by Pinterest from School Bites on their Healthy Lunch Board. All kids need to eat healthy and to live a healthy lifestyle. If left to themselves, they will make the wrong choices. Also, parents should not be afraid to say, "No" to their kids when they want sweets or treats (including chips). And believe me, the kids will test you. All my children eat fruits and veggies often quite happily, because it's a regular part of every lunch and dinner. Usually we have fruits at lunch and for snacks, and veggies or salads with dinner.

Having a fun presentation makes eating healthy food that much more enjoyable. Of course, it takes a little more time, but it doesn't have to take a lot of time. I hope my pictures will inspire you to add a fun twist to your kids' after school lunches. By the way, we do eat treats as well, but all in moderation.

Also, I made Amanda a herbal ice-tea with a little bit of sugar to go with this lunch/snack. I've also made her herbal ice-tea mixed with apple juice instead of sugar. I think the latter choice is a better idea. Oh, and we're having summer in South Africa, so that's why I'm talking about ice-tea.

Off the topic, even with our healthy life-style, I've been battling with my health. I'll maybe write a post about it later, but I just wanted my readers to know why I'm not able to keep up with my high expectations of myself regarding this blog and other blogs. I totally understand other bloggers only posting once a week or taking a break. I love blogging and I love you guys, so I don't want to stop. I just have to take on less and learn to be happy with that, at least, until I'm fully recovered.

Take care and God bless!

Tina - an American mom raising 4 kids in South Africa




Now on to the blog hop...


Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet (M.M.S.S.) blog hop!
Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to link them on my Blog Hops page!


If you would like to be a guest co-host
on my Wednesday hop or on my
Saturday hop, then contact me at:
morleychristina[at]gmail[dot]com


I would love for you to follow me on Google Friend Connect
and also on

Leave me a comment with your link and I will follow back!

Here are the easy rules:

  • Follow Tina (your host) @ Amanda's Books and More.
  • Link up your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your most recent post or on your side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit at least the last two blogs before your link and leave a comment.
  • Follow any new blogs that you like.

Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

This is a blog hop!


© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena