Friday, April 26, 2013

Make My Saturday Sweet - Blog Hop #34

Do You Believe in God?


Last March I finished teaching high school German levels 1 and 2. These were private lessons at the high school. We completed the textbooks and workbooks that we began a year ago. I knew in my heart that I should finish with my students and not try to get a new group going, but I didn't really know why, except that there really wasn't enough interested kids to make up a good-sized class. At the time, I believed I was being led by God, but I was left wondering what to do next.

Then last week I got a phone call about a part-time job at a private school. The principal had heard that I was available to help as an assistant teacher, primarily in the English department, and he wanted to meet with me. I was being offered the job first and I could choose my hours within the school time. I told the principal that I am a volunteer at the Blind Institute every Wednesday morning. He was fine with that. He also offered that I run a German conversational club (for a fee) at the school as there are a few German speaking kids who are getting rusty in their German. This had never even crossed my mind, but I told him that I would be interested.

The arrangement is that I work 3 hours a day, 4 days a week, not including Wednesdays. I start at 9 and finish at 12. The English classes that I help teach are grades 5 - 9. I'm also helping with grading and such, but because I'm employed for those hours only, I don't have to take any work home. My first day on the job was Tuesday. It's been lots of fun, because I enjoy this kind of work.

Amanda's playgroup is less than five minutes away by car and her class finishes at 12:15, so I pick her up after work. I also give a 45 minute Bible lesson for a grade 4 class at the primary school once a week from 7:30 - 8:15, so I can continue with this too. It's such a perfect arrangement for me in every way. I'm still amazed. I wasn't even asking around for a job. I'm so glad that I believe in a God who cares about the details of His children's lives. I'm very blessed.

Now on to the blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!
Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to link them on my Blog Hops page!


I would love for you to follow me on

Follow on Bloglovin


Leave me a comment with your link and I will follow back!


Here are the easy rules:

  • Follow Tina (your host) @ Amanda's Books and More.
  • Link up your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your most recent post or on your side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit at least the last two blogs before your link and leave a comment.
  • Follow any new blogs that you like.

Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

This is a blog hop!


© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena