Friday, July 5, 2013

Make My Saturday Sweet - Blog Hop #43

Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone from the U.S.A. enjoyed a wonderful 4th of July yesterday. It was Samantha's and Amanda's first time to experience it. Jeremiah and Jessica were so small when we celebrated our last one in 2000 that it was like a first for them too. We were with my mom, step-dad and grandmother in Palm Coast, Florida. I've got several pictures to share with you on how we celebrated this day.

Also, my kids have been growing up in South Africa where they have something called Freedom Day on June 16, which is a day to celebrate freedom from apartheid. It's a national holiday, but there aren't any banners or fireworks.


I'm linking with Friendship Friday.

Jessica and Amanda

Amanda in an outfit from a friend

Robbie (my hubby) and me

My mom, grandmother and me
Three generations

My step-dad, Jeremiah and Samantha

The grill master

My mom and Amanda
My grandmother's fabulous potato salad

Now on to my blog hop...


Amanda’s Books and More


It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!


I would love for you to follow me on


Follow on Bloglovin


Leave me a comment with your link and I will follow back!

Here are the easy rules:

  • Follow Tina (your host) @ Amanda's Books and More.
  • Link up your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your most recent post or on your side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit at least the last two blogs before your link and leave a comment.
  • Follow any new blogs that you like.


Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More


This is a blog hop!

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena