Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Amanda's Creative Activities and More!

Welcome to my Picture Perfect
Party Linky #81!

You can link your family friendly
photo post below.


Amanda has been very creative these past few days.

On Friday, she came home with her art from Kindergarten. I wanted to share one of the pictures, because she drew her Oma (my grandmother, her great-grandmother) as well as me with herself in the middle. She explained that the grumpy face that she gave herself was an attempt to try something different, instead of always drawing the same smiley faces on everyone. As you can see, I have an open mouth. What I thought was particularly sweet about the drawing is that her Oma has perfect curls framing her face and Amanda is reaching out her hands to both of us.


Click on the images
to view them larger.

Amanda's Art:
Oma, Amanda and Me

On the weekend she built her first tall tower of blocks (Planx). Her grandpa (my father-in-law) bought the Planx years ago for her older siblings who all had fun building tall structures and other things with them.

Amanda's Tall Tower

Yesterday Amanda played with the Geomag magnets that my step-dad gave the kids some years ago. She created a decoration for her head and a necklace. She had Fun Gym that day where she does introductory rhythmic gymnastics and hence the little outfit.

Amanda's Magnet Creations

Yesterday she also designed a necklace and matching bracelet with my beads. I gave her some advice, but I left her to it and she did most of the patterns and counting out the beads on her own. I added length to the bracelet and necklace, but otherwise left it as she had it.

I loved the colors that she chose. I was also impressed that she didn't mess up with the counting and that everything was evenly spaced. She doesn't normally have that long of an attention span. I did all the stringing for her as well as the more difficult beginning and ending bits with the crimps, jump rings, clasps and extension chains. We are selling our Alli Flair jewelry at our local farmer's / craft market, by word of mouth, and on Etsy.

Amanda's Matching Bracelet and Necklace

If you are interested in this set, you can send me an email at morleychristina (at) gmail (dot) com. Or else, leave me a comment with your email address below. It's perfect for a young lady (a pre-teen or teenager) or someone who is petite.

***************************

We went to Jason's Hill for Valentine's Day where we did some wine tasting. The wines are produced by one of South Africa's pioneer woman winemakers and she's winning awards for her wines! Here's a peek at my latest post.

Jason's Hill Private Cellar

***************************

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

Come link up your Wordless Wednesday
(with or without words) or any picture post
at this Picture Perfect Party Linky.
Join me on this fun and easy blog hop!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free
to link them on my Blog Hops page!


I would love for you to follow me on
and
Follow on Bloglovin

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow me on one or more links above or via email.
  • Link-up your post with a picture and follow as many new blogs as you like.
  • If possible, copy the button code below and add it on your linked post or blog's side-bar.
  • Tell others about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.

The Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

This is a Wordless Wednesday blog hop.


© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena