Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween in SA with #Linky

Welcome to my Picture Perfect
Party Linky #215!


Friday after School
Amanda's Party

Halloween is not celebrated much in South Africa. The last three years I've come up with ways to make the day fun for Amanda, so that she won't feel like she's missing out. This year, on Friday, we did a dress-up party with a few friends after school. They first ate lunch and played at our house and then I took them all to the Karoo Desert Botanical Gardens where they had a treasure hunt for snacks and juice boxes and then a little picnic afterwards. We even saw several tortoises. All in all, it was great fun.

This blog is best viewed in Google Chrome.
Click on my photos to see them at their best!

Play and Lunch at Our House





Treasure Hunt and Picnic
at the Karoo Desert Botanical Gardens












Friday Night
Samantha as Harley Quinn

Samantha went to a Halloween party that night. She created her own costume. She went as Harley Quinn and she would have borrowed a baseball bat for her prop, but she couldn't get a hold of one. The bat and ball game that is popular in South Africa is cricket. A cricket bat just doesn't look the same.




Saturday Morning
Face Painting
at a Church Bazaar




That was our Halloween
in South Africa!


*********************

Below is my latest post
on 1camera1mom:

With Samantha's 16th birthday a few weeks ago, she planned a family outing to Cape Town. This is Part 3 of 3.




***************************

My Latest Book Reviews:

The SockKids Stop a Bully



Elphie Goes Trick or Treating



*********************

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

Come link up your Wordless Wednesday
(with or without words) or any picture post
at this Picture Perfect Party Linky.
Join me on this fun and easy blog hop!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free
to link them on my Blog Hops page!


I would love for you to follow me on
and
Follow on Bloglovin



Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow me on one or more links above or via email.
  • Link-up your post with a picture and follow as many new blogs as you like.
  • If possible, copy the button code below and add it on your linked post or blog's side-bar.
  • Tell others about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.

The Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

This is a Wordless Wednesday blog hop.



Visit my Blog Hops page to see the hops that I often link up to.

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena